About the Event
Over 20,000 FCTG (Flight Centre Travel Group) employees from around the world go all-out to secure their spot at Global Gathering and only the very best make it.
Held in a different city every year it is the incentive event you don’t want to miss. 2019 saw just over 3000 travel professionals from the retail, wholesale and corporate sectors attend in Las Vegas where they were recognised for their outstanding achievements.
Everything is kept under wraps until the event, so those that make it are blown away with the celebrations. The celebrations included a Welcome Night, Conference, Gala Awards Dinner and After Party.
The Global Gathering Conference and Awards Dinner aim to:
- Provide, via conferencing, informative and entertaining educational sessions for employees
- Celebrate achievement, professionalism and innovation within the company
- Provide a benchmark for best practice
- Promote the host destination and local tourism
- Encourage the continual raising of standards
- Publicly recognise and reward excellence
- Reinforce the value of hard work and company philosophies
This year’s theme was “CHOOSE GLOBAL – Raise your odds.”
With a company focus on flexible hours and work-life balance, the theme for 2019 was CHOOSE GLOBAL. At FCTG, you CHOOSE to work hard and play hard to win your place at GLOBAL.
Raise your odds references the destination as well as the call to action – what are you going to do to ensure you get there? The look and feel was pop art giving an excellent platform for creativity.
“Mounting a world-class event for 3,000, on the other side of the world, is no mean feat,”
Natalie Simmons, Global General Manager, cievents.
We had three central setups this year, poolside in 43 degrees, a theatre that Aerosmith just bumped out of and a ballroom with NO pillars.
There were also over ten sponsor activations, and plenty of giveaways, including custom-designed theme branded board shorts. cievents work very closely with the sponsors on their activations and giveaways to make sure they are original and fit within the theme while providing ROI.
The experience and skills of our events team ensured that any issue big or small was met head-on, and we produced what will go down in history as one of the best Global Gatherings of all time.
The all-star line-up and flawless event execution helped secure cievents a near perfect score card, with 95.5% of respondents highly rating the overall event experience.
There are always so many highlights:
- MC’s arriving on motorbikes, a mapping extravaganza on a 70-metre proscenium, a live band on stage, the incredible talent of MARK WAHLBERG, CALVIN HARRIS, DIPLO, ILIZA SHLESINGER and ELVIS.
- With everyone coming together for the Welcome, we had everything from glam bars, cash grab machines, Elvis in a chapel, spin and win, slushies, branded cocktails, silent disco, branded bars and more. It was an actual festival named H2-OH!
- Seeing so many volunteers their time to Three Square, an organisation in Nevada that helps feed the 1 in 4 kids that are food insecure by packing over 3000 backpacks for kids to make sure they don’t go hungry.
- Following the social streams of people posting with such pride, joy, and gratitude to be attending, the energy and vibe they all bring and knowing we have created an experience that engaged and inspired.
“Our talented team has worked hard on a complete end-to-end service for Las Vegas 2019. We managed everything – communications, sponsor support, delegate registration, travel, event logistics, content development, digital and design, speaker support, script development, entertainment, dining experiences, video and audio development, technical and set design,” said Natalie.
“For cievents, it showcases what the people of this Australian-born business do best, always delivering world-class, inspiring and engaging experiences, with exceptional customer service and smiles on our faces.”