At cievents, we care deeply for our customers and are extremely proud of our trusted partnerships. During these challenging times, we will continue to support our customers and the broader meeting & event industry as we all navigate the impact of COVID-19.
Natalie Simmons, Global General Manager
Latest Travel Info
- Qantas is preparing to scale up its domestic flying from its current 5 per cent of pre-pandemic levels to 40 per cent by the end of July, pending the reopening of state borders. More info (last updated 4 June 2020)
- Rex has announced that from 1 June 2020, all passengers flying across the Rex network will be required to wear a face mask. This will help provide an extra layer of protection against the spread of COVID-19 as well as for the safety and wellbeing of all passengers and staff. More info (last updated 29 May 2020)
- Hertz Global Holdings (the U.S. based entity) has voluntarily filed for reorganisation under Chapter 11 in the United States legal process. Hertz’s principal international operating regions, including Europe, Australia and New Zealand, and Hertz’s franchised locations, are not included in these Chapter 11 proceedings and will continue to operate as they did before. This includes subsidiaries Dollar, Thrifty, Firefly, Hertz Car Sales, and Donlen. Day-to-day operations continue, and all their reservations, promotional offers, vouchers, loyalty and customer programs continue to operate. (last updated 26 May 2020)
- Virgin Australia will add new flights and increase frequencies under a revised agreement with the Federal Government to connect essential travellers and critical freight with towns and cities across Australia. The changes, which take its underwritten schedule from 64 to 76 return services per week, will bring Adelaide and Perth closer together with a new three-times weekly return service. Guests travelling between Brisbane and Melbourne, Brisbane-Mackay and Brisbane-Cairns will also be given more flexibility to travel with increased frequencies. More info. (last updated 22 May 2020)
- Qantas and Jetstar will roll out a series of wellbeing improvements to give peace-of-mind in preparation for domestic travel restrictions easing. The ‘Fly Well’ program will be rolled out from 12 June. More info. (last updated 19 May 2020)
Do you need support to manage your travel program during this uncertain time?
Get the Latest from Trusted Sources
Each day brings a new mix of emotions right now as we wait for our lives to get back to normal. When they do, we’ll be on hand, once again,
To open up the world for those who want to see
While we stay home and keep safe, this is the time to seek inspiration, to dream, to plan. For now, we’re here with a little reminder that nothing compares to being there…